Friday, August 12, 2005

Welcome, one and all, to my little corner of cyberspace!

I have to admit, I’m having a bit of a struggle coming up with some meaningful insight as to why I felt the need to start a blog… so for now I’ll just share the meaning behind the somewhat paradoxical name of the blog.

From the book of Hebrews:

4:9 Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God. 4:10 For the one who enters God’s rest has also rested from his works, just as God did from his own works. 4:11 Thus we must make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by following the same pattern of disobedience. 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.

No comments: